Australia is a destination nation for slaves and trafficked persons, especially for sex slaves.
Australia is a demand nation for slaves and trafficking.
Fighting for Justice Foundation is solution focused on preventative models of sustainable human rights advocacy steeped in evidence based research and international best practice models.
You can be a part of ending trafficking in your lifetime - and it starts with how you treat others, what products and services you consume and by being self aware about your own behaviours, thoughts and attitudes!
Our Strategy is to
PREVENT human trafficking
DISRUPTING it's DEMAND
DIVERSIONARY education and outreach projects.
We do this by:
1. addressing the root cause of demand, which is gender based violence through therapeutic and human rights lens;
2. contribute to law reform and thought leadership on preventative legal models;
3. contribute to social reform through therapeutic human rights education projects;
4. support victim survivors through therapeutic non-adversarial justice pathways; and
5. divert perpetrators through healthy alternate pathways in the Australasia region.
Fighting for Justice Foundation recognises that the majority of the world's slaves are women and girls who experience sexual abuse, trauma and exploitation on a daily basis.
We acknowledge that sexual servitude is the greatest form of slavery, exploitation and human trafficking in the world and in Australia. Here are their stories
The legalisation and decriminalisation of industries that perpetuates violence against women and 'traps' them in daily abuse is incompatible with international human rights principles, and needs review.
If we are to see slavery abolished, Australia must take a stand against the exploitation of women.
Our Vision is a world where people are honoured with dignity, their rights are upheld and vulnerable women and girls are empowered and supported through therapeutic and restorative processes, and where perpetrators are supported to make healthy alternate choices - before they offend or re-offend.
Our Values include:
FREEDOM - JUSTICE - EXCELLENCE - INTEGRITY - COLLABORATION
Our Objective is to disrupt demand for human trafficking, slavery, exploitation and servitude through a human right and gender equal lens, with the view of empowering both men and women to therapeutic restorative justice pathways by being the lead organisation in disrupting Australia’s demand for exploitation in our region by addressing gender based violence that fuels this human right violation through:
- thought leadership;
- parliamentary lobbying;
- advocacy for victims;
- therapeutic non-adversarial supportive pathways for victim survivors;
- community education for perpetrators of gender based violence through our annual Demand an End to Demand workshops. More information at: www.endthedemand.com